Development Manager - Industrial UK Developer
North West, £50,000–£60,000 excellent benefits, car and performance related bonus.
Our client is an well established UK Property Company, with a Land, Investment, and Development activity across the UK. There Development and Construction team, have multi-million sq ft pipeline of new build industrial led developments, with a well funded and active land acquisition program creating further short to medium term schedule of future development making them one of the most active UK developers.
Working with in this active property investment team that is focused on industrial led development across the UK, from planning throughout construction and delivery phases. Reporting to the Head of Development and Construction, they are looking to appoint a Development Manager to help deliver a strong and growing pipeline of development projects.
The individual must have demonstrable client-side experience of industrial led projects across the full spectrum of development. You will have experience of project management, ideally working for an industrial or commercial developer, contractor, or consultancy with the ability to manage all aspects of a project from planning through the build phase to practical completion.
We consider that the successful candidate will be a natural leader with proven experience of managing teams and programming whilst driving projects forward and delivering on time and on budget. Experience of dealing with local authorities and knowledge of the planning system is desirable.
· Input into the feasibility of potential development opportunities
· Lead design team and consultants in the preparation and submission of planning applications.
· Management of planning conditions and legal agreements such as Sec 278’s, Sec 106’s
· Lead design and procurement team until handover to construction
· Prepare employers requirements for issuing to construction team
· Work closely with construction team in preparation of cost plans
· Manage all funding agreement requirements
· Prepare and execute appointment documents and building contract
· Carry out role of employers agent and project manager through pre construction, construction and handover
· Check and sign off monthly valuation and provide monthly cash flow updates to the executive board.
· Chair regular progress/client meetings
Essential Skills & Experience
· High levels of business acumen, including a clear grasp of financial models, costing and budgets, along with the know-how to assess and manage risk.
· Experience of strategic planning and managing multiple teams, and a vision to set and develop future agendas.
· RICS qualification or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years PQE with strong proven experience in a similar role.
· Property related degree.
· Experience using ARGUS Developer.
In Return, an opportunity to join a fast paced ambitious property company, an attractive salary dependent upon experience ranging from £50,000-£60,000pa, car allowance, pension, private health, excellent transparent performance related bonus.
A full Job description is available upon request and all enquiries will be handled in the strictest of confidentiality..