Graduate Building Surveyor
Job Title: Graduate Building Surveyor
• Undertaking detailed measured surveys and drawing accurate CAD plans based on this, typically including relevant information on M&E items and fixtures.
• Carrying out building surveys / inspections for various purposes such as condition schedules / reports, planned maintenance reports etc.
• Meeting with / receiving a client’s brief and developing outline designs to suit. Ensuring designs are compliant with building regulations and government guidance.
• Preparing drawings for planning submission, completing planning applications and liaising with local planning authorities on behalf of clients.
• Identifying the need for and working with other design team members to develop designs i.e. structural engineers, M&E teams, specialist consultants & building control.
• Provide detailed design / construction level drawings including technical information and writing specifications for tender or construction purposes.
• Providing schedules of work and other associated tender documentation.
• Managing tender process, preparing tender reports and associated financial documentation.
• Contract administration, preparing contracts, issuing instructions, monitoring project costs and preparing payment claim documentation.
• Attending / chairing formal meetings with clients and contractors, preparing meeting minutes and actioning points raised. • Monitoring, managing and inspecting construction works on site, liaising with operatives on site and answering technical queries.
• Acting as a point of contact for clients, maintaining positive and productive relationships with clients and contractors.
• Work with and provide support to the property management team with technical queries and small project works.
• Undertake typical administration tasks associated with project works i.e. ensuring documents and files are up to date, managing own time to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and assisting / liaising with other team members in the office.
• Report to line manager on a weekly basis and directors on a monthly basis.
• Degree qualified with a BSc in Building Surveying (RICS accredited).
• Ideally, we are seeking a candidate with 1-2 years of post-graduate experience.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
• Desire to work towards MRICS status.
• A proactive attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Competitive salary.
• APC Support with professional fees covered.
• 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and extra days at Christmas and New Year.
• Company cash plan for healthcare expenses.
• 1 Paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities.