Project Manager - Market Leading UK Industrial Developer (Hybrid)
North West, – excellent car allowance and benefits package and significant bonus.
Our client is a one of UK’s largest multi-unit industrial developer and asset manager and operates from several offices in the UK and are currently expanding into Ireland.
With a Successful track record of activity for over 25 years in multi-unit industrial property schemes and with a dedication to innovating for the benefit of our people, occupiers and the communities our developments become part of.
Their integrated in-house development, asset management and project management teams enable them to act decisively and operate with agility and speed. This gives us a clear competitive advantage which drives our continued success.
With a current development pipeline of up to 3.8 million sq ft of industrial space at various stages of the development process across over 30 sites ranging from Bournemouth to Scotland. Their investment portfolio is currently over £5 millions sq. ft. of commercial space.
The successful candidate will support and advise Development Management colleagues on all construction and technical aspects associated with site acquisition process and will be responsible for project delivery from site acquisition through to completion on all new build schemes.
· Assist in the due diligence of site acquisitions including arranging appropriate site surveys and investigations. Advise on findings on surveys/investigations.
· Assist in preparation of initial development appraisal and costing of construction related items.
· Lead a team of external consultants to prepare, submit, obtain and discharge planning and other necessary consents.
· Prepare employers requirements. Lead team of external consultants to prepare tender drawings and specifications.
· Formulate tender documents, tender and evaluate tender returns.
· Administration of construction contracts.
· Assist in negotiation and implementation of Agreement for Leases, Agreement for Sales or Development Agreements.
· Management of the external team of advisors and contractors to ensure all objectives are achieved and risk is appropriately offset.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legal issues and statutory obligations.
· Ensure that all projects are delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
· Ensure that all projects are delivered within the guidelines set out in the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
· Work closely with internal and external teams.
· Ensure we are appropriately maximising value and minimising risk in all our transactions regarding building, technical, construction, services, environmental and insurance issues.
· Maintain up to date records of project information on Company’s IT systems.
The successful candidate will have:
· An excellent understanding of the development process and construction methods.
· Experience of developing new build industrial property is advantageous.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Strong negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Able to effectively plan and organise workload.
· Strong IT skills.
· Proactive, flexible and have the ability to think laterally.
· Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
· Able to motivate and manage external advisers and internal teams.
· Able to work in a team and independently.
· MRICS or other similar professional qualification
Market Leading Salary Circa £80,000 plus excellent car allowance and benefits, plus significant bonus.