CPO/Development Surveyor - Leading Surveying Firm
North West, £40,000–£50,000 excellent bens and car and bonus.
Our client is one of the most respected firm of Surveyors in the North West, with an excellent regional and national client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, we have grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Managers.
The Development Team is one of the largest advisory teams in the North West undertaking strategic development instructions, disposals and viability appraisals across the United Kingdom. One key aspect of the development process is compulsory purchase where they have a number of surveyors providing advice on many major schemes in the United Kingdom where compulsory purchase is involved. This includes continuing HS2 cases, Victoria North and several major highway schemes.
We are seeking an MRICS qualified Surveyor to join our established CPO and Development Team. Experience within the CPO sector would be an advantage, but we will give consideration to candidates with an Agency, Valuation, Development or General Practice background. On the job training will be provided.
• Provision of CPO advice to a range of clients from claimants and acquiring authorities as well as developers guiding them through the compulsory purchase process
• Preparing strategic advice for land owners including undertaking feasibility work
• Negotiation of land acquisition and disposal prior to a compulsory purchase
• Co-ordinate advice from other teams within the business as well as external consultants as part of the wider client team
• Preparation of Budget Cost Estimates
• Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authorities and claimants
• Assisting with Upper Tribunal Lands Chamber references and Public Inquiry preparation and mediations as required
• Providing strategic development advice on both residential and commercial sites across the North West and beyond
• Negotiating a variety of development agreements including conditional contracts, access rights and easements
• Develop professional and commercial awareness and keep up with work related and industry updates. Key Attributes & Qualifications
• RICS qualified, being an RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
• Minimum MRIC ideally within CPO, Agency, Development or Valuation sectors
• Adaptable, eager to learn
• Contribute to the wider team but with the scope to take a degree of personal responsibility
• Good negotiator and ability to communicate effectively
• Good report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good organisational skills, manage and prioritise caseload
• Business development and networking
Renumeration • Competitive salary (dependent upon experience) • Car Allowance • Company Benefits • Generous holiday allowance • Performance related bonus • Excellent potential for career progression • Good pension provision • Medicash cover • Life insurance