Director/Projects Director (newly formed PM consultancy)
Manchester, £100,000– plus strong bonus, pension, healthcare and stock option potential
Our clients are a newly formed and rapidly growing construction Project Managers & Employers Agents. They specialise in highly operational areas which include Entertainment Districts, Arenas, Music Venues & Theatres, which can be some of the most challenging projects within the UK. Projects are on-going whilst the spaces continue to function. They want to more than double the workforce this year to 20 staff and aim to have 50 within 5 years. This recruit is integral to the growth of the business.
Whilst they are Project Managers, their first and foremost value is to be a Problem Solver – clients want solutions! They don’t over complicate their reports – simplicity is clear. They care about their clients and their projects but also their own team and their personal development.
Prior Director/ Project Director level experience is a must. Previous experience of dealing with especially complex masterplans is ideal. You will hold the key to helping clients achieve their vision, being responsible for leading and managing projects while ensuring they’re on time and within budget.
Our new Director/ Project Director must be ready to lead a team of Project Managers on some interesting yet challenging projects and support the founder of the business in its growth.
They work with the best operators in the world who strive for excellence and need to find the people that can help lead them. They’re ambitious, enthusiastic & dynamic, and are looking to add an experienced Project Director to lead a team that their clients can rely on.
Their core value is ‘people first’ and they will invest in you, and your team, for the long term. They want you to grow to your full potential.
- A leader within industry & accountability for project success
- Strong stakeholder management at all senior levels & ability to create long lasting relationships with clients
- A personal network of consultants, contractors & clients that you can rely on
- Ability to think strategically & advise client on complicated issues
- Resolving challenging issues & understanding project challenges
- Running projects and being the centre point to have oversight of all projects
- Complex mapping project requirements, delivery timelines and costs
- Developing detailed project plans & business cases to guide clients through projects
- Monitoring complex project performance to ensure timely delivery, including complex project status reports to clients, management and all other relevant stakeholders
- Manage all relevant budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs, advising the client and internal stakeholders of any deviation
- 3+ years of experience at Director / Project Director level
- Have thorough knowledge of the RIBA Stages & deep understanding of JCT Design & Build projects
- Detailed understanding of Project Management processes RICS/APM/CIOB
- Highly organised and a forward thinker
- Detailed writer & reader
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel etc) • Microsoft Project (or similar)
- Generous salary and bonus
- Phone allowance
- Pension scheme
- Profession fees
- 25 days annual leave per annum (excluding bank holidays & birthday!)
- Flexible Working
- Health Care Insurance
- Stock Option Potential
- Birthday day-off
- Lots of varied team events
- Potential to bag yourself sold out gig/sport/theatre tickets!
- Charity Days