Manchester, £60,000–£75,000 plus car, pension, healthcare and bonus
Our client is a professional consultancy practice with an impressive client list that combines solid experience with an approach to Client service that brings significant project benefits. They are proactive, professional and responsive; making sure they deliver projects on time, within budget whilst building long term relationships and giving value for money.
Their service offering is designed around the need of the Clients. Being flexible enough to work independently as well as alongside the existing teams; providing solutions at every stage, focusing on the issues that matter and ensuring the quality of service that Clients’ expect.
Based in Manchester city centre, their work covers the length and breadth of the UK as well as some overseas projects.
Probably coming from a QS background, EA/PM experience is a must and experience in post contract work. The client is open on the level of appointment but a track record of project delivery is required so will be at Associate Director level. Experience in multi-room residential preferable - BtR, student or hotels. The ideal candidate will be technically sound but more importantly, client facing. You will have the ability to deal with more than one large scale development at a time.
- Developing the project brief and assembling the project delivery team.
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender. Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
- Undertaking various forms of tender processes.
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled.
- Preparation of the Building Contract.
- Facilitating progress meetings.
- Regularly reporting progress to the employer/client.
- Issuing instructions in accordance with the building contract.
- Undertaking quality inspections.
- Dealing with defects.
- Managing change and adjusting the Contract Sum where required.
- Issuing notices in relation to payments on a stage or periodic basis.
- Undertaking the final defect inspection.
- Dealing with the Final Account.
- 5+ years of EA/PM experience
- Outwardly confident and must enjoy client interaction
- Have thorough knowledge of the RIBA Stages & deep understanding of JCT Design & Build projects
- Detailed understanding of Project Management processes RICS/APM/CIOB
- Highly organised and a forward thinker
- Detailed writer & reader
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel etc) • Microsoft Project (or similar)
- City centre office
- Generous salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Car parking
- Pension scheme 4% contributory
- BUPA healthcare
- Profession fees
- 25 days annual leave per annum (excluding bank holidays)