Manchester, £50,000–£70,000 plus car, pension, healthcare and performance bonus
Our client is a professional consultancy practice with an impressive client list that combines solid experience with an approach to Client service that brings significant project benefits. They are proactive, professional and responsive; making sure they deliver projects on time, within budget whilst building long term relationships and giving value for money.
Their service offering is designed around the need of the Clients. Being flexible enough to work independently as well as alongside the existing teams; providing solutions at every stage, focusing on the issues that matter and ensuring the quality of service that Clients’ expect.
Based in Manchester city centre, their work covers the length and breadth of the UK as well as some overseas projects.
Looking for MRICS Quantity Surveyors. The client is open on the level of appointment. Experience in either multi-room residential, logistics or the sports and leisure sectors are ideal. The ideal candidate will be technically sound but more importantly, have an outgoing personality to get on and join in with this vibrant team.
- Provide support to the Project and Cost teams on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across various sectors.
- Interface with the programme manager, project managers, risk consultants and planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Ensure integration and alignment of cost and schedule.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of ranging complexity.
- Support the project controls manager in the implementation and maintenance of the project controls processes for cost, including the production of monthly reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Assist in the accurate assessment of the completion estimate.
- Assist in the trend and change process, including production of project change reports, analysis of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of opportunity and risk.
- Review acceptance and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by contractors and suppliers.
- A recognised diploma or degree.
- A member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ACostE, ICES, AACE or MCIOB.
- Understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques.
- Understanding of earned value analysis.
- The ability to reconcile cost information.
- Experience across either Multi-room residential, Industrial or Sports and Leisure sectors.
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling and risk management techniques and associated software.
- Experience of contract administration, e.g. NEC3/4; IChemE; FIDIC.
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- City centre office
- Generous salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Car parking
- Pension scheme 4% contributory
- BUPA healthcare
- Profession fees
- 25 days annual leave per annum (excluding bank holidays)
Apply to Richard Williams with your CV by email or for a confidential discussion about the role, please call the mobile.
M: 07703 259479