Senior Quantity Surveyor - Construction Arm of Developer
North West, £55,000–£70,000
Our client is one of the fast-growing UK privately owned property company with significant commercial property assets including shopping centres, offices and industrial estates across the UK, based in the Northwest. With over 1.5 million sq ft new build industrial property under construction and over 10 million sq ft of existing commercial assets.
You will be responsible for managing a new build program of industrial projects in the North Wales. You will assist and be responsible for management of all commercial delivery aspects of projects including Construction costs, supply chain procurement, orders and management. Best value solutions and management of commercial risk and opportunity will be a top priority in this role, as will continuous improvement.
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with consultants and subcontractors.
- Ensure all project works are measured, priced, negotiated and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope and raise/resolve queries where necessary.
- Liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions.
- Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules.
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders through tender sum analysis.
- Compile subcontract orders for approval.
- Measure and value works completed and assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance.
- Identification, monitoring, management, and mitigation of key commercial risks.
- Identification, monitoring, management, and implementation of key commercial opportunities.
- Lead and manage the final account applications.
This position offers excellent progression opportunities at an exciting time for this newly created highly experienced Construction team backed by one of the most active developers in the North West, further career advancement into new build industrial projects on offer within the wider construction team.
For this role:
Degree Qualified, A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Assistant Quantity Surveyor or QS Level
Exceptional Ability to monitor projects budgets and deadlines.
A can-do attitude backed with technical Knowledge.
Be seeking a role in a fast paced environment with opportunities to progress and professional training.
Ideally degree qualified with commercial projects experience or similar
The successful candidate will be an ambitious Quantity Surveyor looking for an fast paced property company excellent career opportunity, this role offers progression to commercial manager.
Salary on offer dependent on suitable experience, ranging from £50,000 to £75,000, generous car allowance, excellent benefits package